Online Banking Guide
- Do not use public or other unsecured computers for logging on to your online banking.
- Check your last login date/time every time you log on.
- Review account balances and detail transactions regularly (preferred daily) to confirm payment and other transaction data and immediately report any suspicious transactions to Heritage Bank.
- View transfer history available through viewing account activity information.
- Whenever possible, use Bill Pay instead of checks to limit account number exposure and to obtain better electronic record keeping.
- Take advantage of, and regularly view system alerts such as Balance Alerts, Transfer Alerts and Password Change Alerts.
- Do not use account numbers, your social security number, or other account or personal information when creating account nicknames or other titles.
- Review historical reporting features of your online banking application on a regular basis to confirm payment and other transaction data.
- Never leave a computer unattended while using your online banking,
- Never conduct banking transactions while multiple browsers are open on your computer.
Helpful reminders to assist you in protecting your sensitive information can include:
- Never let anyone know your PINS or passwords
- Do not write you PINS or passwords down for someone else to find
- Do not use the same password for all your online web accounts
- Avoid opening or replying to spam emails, as this will give the sender confirmation they have reached a live address.
- Don’t open an attachment from an unconfirmed sender of an e-mail
- Please contact our Internet Banking department immediately if you feel your Heritage Bank online information has been compromised.