- Experienced. We are a full service HSA custodian, and have been in this business since 1997 when MSAs first became available.
- Responsive. We’ll have your HSA account opened within 24-48 hours.
- Established. You’ll appreciate our HSA Checking product with all the “bells & whistles”. It provides easy access to a low cost HSA account with the added peace of mind that FDIC insurance delivers.
- Expertise. You deserve more than a custodian. You deserve an experienced professional to answer your questions and help you navigate through the HSA rules.
- Stability. We’re a strong financial institution you can trust to be serving your HSA needs for the long-term
- Commitment. At Heritage, you’ll find a team of professionals who genuinely care about providing excellent service to every customer.
- Proven. We are a leader in the HSA field, serving individual and group HSA clients throughout the United States. We would enjoy working with you as well!
Benefits of an HSA
Heritage Bank HSA Features:
Are you struggling with cost-prohibitive health insurance premiums? Trying to find a way to maintain a health insurance plan for yourself or your employees? An HSA may be the solution you’re looking for.
Here’s how a Health Savings Account solution works, step by step:
- Purchase a qualifying high deductible health plan. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium, thus keeping more money in your own pocket.
- Establish an HSA account with a qualified HSA custodian.
- Contribute up to 100% of the allowable contribution limit (set by the IRS annually) into the HSA account. Think of it as using the premium savings to fund your HSA.
- Get a federal tax deduction for your contribution, reducing your taxable income and again, keeping more in your own pocket.
- Use the money in your HSA account to pay for qualified medical expenses tax-free as you incur them, if you wish.
- What’s left at the end of the year stays in your HSA account (it’s your money), and can be used on future years’ medical expenses.
Looking at the “big picture” an HSA can revolutionize health care in that it puts the consumer (not the insurance company) back in the driver’s seat when it comes to purchasing health care services. The concept, of course, is that if the consumer will be paying for a medical product or service, they’ll only request it if it’s truly necessary, and they’ll first inquire as to the cost and/or less expensive comparable alternatives. Since they’ll be spending their own money, they’ll become wiser shoppers as they strive to use the dollars as efficiently as possible.
Heritage Bank is pleased to be able to offer you an HSA Checking account that will meet your needs—fair pricing, easy access to funds, and the latest technology to help you keep track of your growing HSA balances.
Some of the valuable benefits you get with the Heritage Bank HSA Checking Account include:
- Unlimited access with HSA debit card or check with no transaction fees.
- First debit card available at no charge1. Plus, no card renewal fees every few years.
- One box of HSA checks free.
- Monthly bank statements with images of your checks. Plus, you can even get secure e-statements at no cost. No more waiting on the mail or digging through piles of paper statements sitting around the house or office at year-end.
- Earn interest on your HSA Checking balance so long as you keep at least $50 in the account.
- Invest excess balances in an HSA Certificate of Deposit at market yields if you choose.
- Utilize our free Internet, Telephone Banking, and Mobile Banking to access account information 24/7 for added convenience!
- No need to send in claims or receipts. You keep EOBs, receipts, etc. in your own files substantiating all distributions from your HSA account in case you’re ever audited by the IRS.
- As custodian, we report your contributions, fair market value, and distributions to the IRS each year.
- All of this value for an affordable charge which rewards higher balances kept in your HSA Checking account.
- The interest you earn on your HSA account is credited monthly. Depending on your HSA account balance and the rate environment, the interest you earn may even offset your service charge amount, making Heritage Bank’s HSA account more valuable.
1 With application and approval.
|Individual Coverage||Family Coverage||Catch-Up
|2017 Contribution Limit||$3,400||$6,750||$1,000|
|2018 Contribution Limit||$3,450||$6,850*||$1,000|
*On March 5, 2018, the IRS released Revenue Procedure 2018-18 (as part of Bulletin 2018-10). Due to changes made in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, certain adjustments needed to be made to inflation amounts. This includes a reduction in the maximum family HSA contribution for those with family coverage under an HDHP from $6,900 to a new limit of $6,850 for calendar year 2018. The single contribution limit remains unchanged at $3,450 per year.
Looking for more information on HSAs? Click on the links below to find answers to your questions.
Online Application Form
If you have questions about opening a Heritage Bank HSA account, feel free to contact us via email or telephone between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST Monday through Friday.
Attn: HSA Dept.
PO Box 487
Wood River NE 68883-0487
Attn: HSA Dept.
PO Box 543
Loup City NE 68853